Lehigh Valley

Careless smoking cause of fire in Allentown

Firefighters responded to 700 block of Arch Street

VIDEO: Smoking causes Allentown fire

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Careless smoking was the cause of a fire in Allentown early Friday morning, according to officials.

Fire crews were called to the 700 block of Arch Street about 5 a.m.

The fire damage was contained to the living room. The home suffered water and smoke damage throughout, but it should not prevent the homeowner from returning, according to fire officials.

The resident was taken to St. Luke's Hospital Allentown for treatment of smoke inhalation.

No firefighters were injured fighting the fire.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

This Week's Circulars

Lehigh Valley News

Latest From The Newsroom