Lehigh Valley

Cause determined in Gateway Apartment fire

Investigators declare apartment fire an accident

PALMER TWP., Pa - Officials say a fire that displaced several people in Northampton County was an accident.

The fire broke out on Thursday, March 27th at the Gateway Terrace Apartments in Palmer Township.

Two apartments were damaged and nine people were displaced.

Investigators say the fire was sparked by an electrical failure in the attic.

On Thursday, an electrician will trace the electrical lines to determine which one needs to be replaced.

Officials say it could still be a while until residents are allowed back into their homes.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102

31°F

Few Clouds

TONIGHT

24°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom