ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The new freshmen class at Cedar Crest College hasn't started classes yet but already it's making history.
The class of 2018 is expected to be the largest class at Cedar Crest since 2009.
Students began their freshmen orientation today by participating in what the school calls its "Open Door Ceremony".
Orientation will go on through Sunday and will include a class photo, a day of service, the annual Strawberry Festival, and a Convocation on Sunday.
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Updated Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Updated Near-record warmth through Wednesday with a few showers
- Updated Live at 2 p.m.: NJ Gov. Christie unveils final budget proposal
- Updated It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated Caller waits hit 2 hours at jobless centers, official says
- Updated Open house to discuss the State Hill-Berkshire Underground Transmission Line Project
- Updated UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Police arrest Hunterdon man on assault charges
- Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building