ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It was a celebration of Indian culture in Allentown on Friday.
A ceremony was held at Allentown's City Hall plaza to celebrate India's independence day.
The country declared its independence from Britain 67 years ago Friday.
Mayor Ed Pawlowski, several local dignitaries and members of the Indian community were on hand.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic