EASTON, Pa. - A 22-year-old Easton man is facing a long list of charges in connection with a fatal accident over the weekend.
Francis Thomas Roscioli was arraigned and charged Thursday with several charges stemming from an accident Sunday morning where police said he hit and killed a pedestrian with his car.
Just after 2 a.m. 35-year-old Abraham Rivera was crossing Lehigh Drive in Easton when he was hit by an SUV driven by Roscioli, police said.
Rivera was pronounced dead at the scene.
Roscioli was charged with homicide by vehicle while under the influence, homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, DUI, and related charges.
Bail was set at $500,000. He remains in the Northampton County Prison.
According to court documents, Roscioli pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in 2012. He was out on parole from that charge when earlier this year he was arrested again for DUI and driving the wrong way.
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg