WHITEHALL, Pa. - Police said a five-year-old child was hit by another vehicle while getting on a school bus Wednesday morning.
It happened just before 9 a.m. near the intersection of Fairmont Avenue just west of Kay Drive in Whitehall Twp., Lehigh Co.
The child, a student in the Whitehall-Coplay School District, was hit by a car while trying to board a bus at an approved bus stop.
The child was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest for unknown injuries.
The crash is under investigation by Whitehall Twp. police.
Judge James Knoll Gardner died on Wednesday at his home.Read More »
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- Updated Fund established for family of fallen Delaware trooper
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges