WILLIAMS TWP., Pa. - A Northampton County landfill has been dealt a blow in an ongoing legal battle.
Last year, Chrin Brothers, Inc. filed a lawsuit against Williams Township, claiming that the township was in breach of an agreement that was reached in 2009.
Chrin said the township was trying to collect years of back taxes it claimed it was owed, but Chrin said it entered into an agreement with the township years ago to pay a monthly fee in lieu of the tax.
Now the Commonwealth court has ruled in favor of the Township, ordering Chrin to pay up.
The courts had previously decided in favor of Chrin when they overruled Williams Township's preliminary objections in the suit in December.
Other issues will be decided in a jury trial in May.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic