EASTON, Pa. - A landfill in Northampton County has notched a victory in an ongoing legal battle.
Chrin Landfill filed a lawsuit against Williams Township in September, claiming the township was in breach of an agreement that was reached in 2009.
Chrin said the township was trying to collect years of back taxes that it claimed it was owed, but Chrin said it entered into an agreement with the township years ago to pay a monthly fee in lieu of the tax.
Williams Township filed preliminary objections in the suit, but those objections were overruled Thursday, and so the lawsuit will move forward.
The township now has 20 days to file an answer to Chrin's complaint.
- Updated Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Updated PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85