ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The sounds of prayer filled the air Thursday morning in Allentown.
Thursday was the National Day of Prayer, and the annual event was marked at the soldiers and sailors monument at 7th and Hamilton streets.
The gathering was organized by the City of Hope Church. It featured music, various speakers and silent reflection.
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- New Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- New Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Updated Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Updated Shortage of elder care workers a cause for concern
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison