WASHINGTON TWP., Pa. - A Lehigh County woman was struck by a car and killed late Wednesday morning.
The accident happened around 11:45 a.m. on Route 873 at Phillips Road in Washington Township.
The coroner identified the victim as Angela Pope, 47, of the 5500 block of Stephanie Drive in North Whitehall Township.
She was pronounced dead around 12:30 p.m. at the scene of the accident.
An autopsy will be conducted Thursday to determine the exact cause of death.
In the meantime, the coroner, the district attorney's office and state police are continuing their investigation.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Updated Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Updated PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran