LOWER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - A woman's body was found at a busy intersection in Lehigh County over the weekend, but authorities still don't know who she is, how she died, or how she got there.
The coroner's office told 69 News it was a woman, but they're still working to identify her.
Her remains were found in a drainage ditch by someone at a bus stop near Hamilton Boulevard and Kressler Road in Lower Macungie Township.
It's about two miles from the nursing home where a 78-year-old woman with Alzehimer's went missing nearly a month ago. Police and family members have been looking for Audrey Penn since August 23rd.
A local search team launched a campaign over the weekend to spread word about Penn's disappearance.
It's still not clear if the body investigation is related to Penn's disappearance.
Regardless, the grim discovery has upset the local community as questions linger.
"It's a sad day, loss of life anytime no matter who it is or what the circumstances, it's a sad thing," said Scott Robertson who works nearby.
The woman's autospy is scheduled for tomorrow.
- New Snowfall totals so far
- Updated Pennsylvania National Guard soldiers ready to help in storm
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)