Northampton County Executive John Stoffa is facing a lawsuit -- from Northampton County Council!
The lawsuit says Stoffa violated the county's home rule charter by requesting sealed bids for ambulance services for the Gracedale Nursing Home.
The charter says the executive can only do that when price is the sole factor.
Council rejected lower bids from LifeStar in Bethlehem in favor of current provider Nazareth Ambulance.
Stoffa backs Lifestar -- and he says Gracedale and its advisors support it.
Stoffa says he was just following executive privilege to make a wise decision with taxpayers in mind.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic