EASTON, Pa. - The drama surrounding the fate of Northampton County-owned Gracedale Nursing Home is heating up once again.
In March, county Controller Stephen Barron alleged that taxpayer money was used in a private lawsuit filed by then-Councilman Ron Angle and local blogger Bernie O'Hare that challenged the petitions to prevent the sale of Gracedale.
Barron said he thinks $31,000 of taxpayer money was used to challenge the petitions, and he wants that money to be reimbursed.
Barron is asking the county's hired law firm to provide any emails or documents that were sent to or from Angle and O'Hare regarding the suit.
It's not a formal audit, Barron said, but if the documents aren't provided, he said the county council may intervene.
Both Angle and O'Hare claim Barron is grandstanding. O'Hare said the matter has already been dismissed at every level of court that has heard the case.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored