EASTON, Pa. - A Bethlehem man and his wife, already facing charges in connection with a homicide case, have been busted for smuggling a cell phone behind bars.
Rene Figueroa and Sonia Panell are now facing contraband charges. Police said they worked together to smuggle the phone into the Northampton County Prison in December.
Figueroa is charged in a deadly shootout outside the Puerto Rican Beneficial Society club on Bethlehem's south side.
Police said Panell later hired a hit-man to kill witnesses in her husband's case.
- Updated In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69