HARRISBURG, Pa. - A group that successfully fought to stop the sale of Northampton County's Gracedale Nursing Home will have to pick up the tab for its own legal fees.
Commonwealth Court has denied the appeal of the Gracedale Initiative Petition Committee. The group was trying to recoup $21,000 in legal fees.
The money was spent fending off a challenge from former County Councilman Ron Angle and blogger Bernie O'Hare.
The group had argued the county illegally used taxpayer money to support Angle and O'Hare.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic