ALLENTOWN, Pa. - If convicted, a man accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend may be facing a death sentence.
The Lehigh County District Attorney's office told 69 News that D.A. Jim Martin said in court Friday, he was seeking the death penalty for David Rapoport.
Rapoport was arrested in March in connection to the shooting death of Jennifer Snyder and her unborn son.
Her body was found near the Trexler Game Preserve in Lower Macungie Township on March 18.
READ MORE:Homicide Investigation Underway In Lehigh CountyREAD MORE:Police: Married Man Killed Girlfriend, Unborn SonREAD MORE:Family Of Murdered Pregnant Woman Speaks OutREAD MORE:Police: Pregnant Homicide Victim Confronted, Assaulted By Boyfriend's WifeREAD MORE:Man Accused Of Killing Pregnant Girlfriend Waives Hearing
According to police, Rapoport and Snyder were having an affair and Rapoport became angry when he found out that Snyder was pregnant.
Rapoport is facing two homicide charges. One for the death of Snyder and another for the unborn baby.
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Updated Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump