ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The battle between the Lehigh County District Attorney and a borough mayor is heading back to the courtroom again.
A county judge has upheld a ruling that allows Macungie Mayor Rick Hoffman access to the borough police department. D.A. Jim Martin is now appealing that decision.
The legal battle began in March of last year when police Chief Edward Harry was suspended after refusing to hand over police work schedules to Hoffman.
Martin has said in the past that he doesn't think Hoffman should have daily operational control of the police department or access to sensitive information.
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg