ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Lehigh County's district attorney said Thursday he's closed his investigation of a prison inmate's death, and he said no charges will be filed.
Alphie Herrera died in February following a struggle with prison officials inside the Lehigh County Prison in Allentown.
Herrara suffered an apparent seizure while being physically restrained, the coroner said.
District Attorney Jim Martin said corrections officers and medical staff did what they had to do to control Herrera after he suffered the seizure and became combative.
- Martin Tower remediation discussed
- BASD officials respond to accusations
- Red Knight fever reaches city council; parade in the works
- Ex-church official due in court as lawyers plan for retrial
- Police investigating Route 562 crash in Exeter
- Some fog this morning and periods of rain today
- Reading Area Water Authority forensic audit to be released
- Ron Angle returns for third stint on Bangor Area School Board
- Life Lessons: Social media: Fire your boss?
- Allentown man hits trifecta facing DUI, drug and assault charges