EASTON, Pa. - The Northampton County coroner has ruled the death of an Easton man a homicide months after he died.
Andres Ruiz-Avelizapa was trying to break up a fight between Antonio Ortiz and Ortiz's girlfriend on Christmas Eve in the 400 block of Northampton Street, police said.
During the fight, police said Ortiz punched Ruiz-Avelizapa, who died in a hospital about two weeks later.
The coroner on Friday ruled Ruiz-Avelizapa's death a homicide, saying the victim died from complications of blunt force head trauma.
Ortiz is already in prison on charges of aggravated assault and reckless endangerment, but it's not yet clear if he will be charged with homicide.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley