ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A Lehigh Valley developer has filed a lawsuit challenging Allentown's Neighborhood Improvement Zone.
Abe Atiyeh is suing the state of Pennsylvania, Gov. Tom Corbett and a list of other state officials over the zone, which is funding the city's hockey arena.
Atiyeh claims the NIZ is unconstitutional.
The suit is similar to the one filed last month by Bethlehem and Hanover townships in Northampton County. Four other municipalities have already voted to join that suit.
Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski calls Atiyeh's lawsuit baseless and ridiculous.
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner