Around the world and in the Lehigh Valley, Monday was all about Mother Earth. It was Earth Day.
Students at Dieruff High School in Allentown marked the occasion by planting a tree in the courtyard of the school.
Also Monday, Gov. Tom Corbett announced that two Northampton County schools had been chosen to receive the 2013 Green Ribbon Schools Award.
Nazareth Middle School and Broughal Middle School were both recognized for reducing environmental impact and costs and for providing effective environmental education.
Judge James Knoll Gardner died on Wednesday at his home.Read More »
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges