EMMAUS, Pa. - It looks like a controversial plan to fund a proposed shopping center in Lehigh County may have hit yet another hurdle.
Developers want to use a Tax Increment Financing plan -- also called a TIF -- to pay for the Hamilton Crossings Shopping Center in Lower Macungie Township.
The East Penn School District initially backed the TIF, but according to the school board's meeting agenda, members will vote Monday night on a resolution that would rescind the district's participation in the TIF.
The Lehigh County commissioners have already voted down the plan but the township supports it.
An event with plenty of heart raised money for the American Heart Association Saturday night.Read More »
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities