EMMAUS, Pa. - It looks like a controversial plan to fund a proposed shopping center in Lehigh County may have hit yet another hurdle.
Developers want to use a Tax Increment Financing plan -- also called a TIF -- to pay for the Hamilton Crossings Shopping Center in Lower Macungie Township.
The East Penn School District initially backed the TIF, but according to the school board's meeting agenda, members will vote Monday night on a resolution that would rescind the district's participation in the TIF.
The Lehigh County commissioners have already voted down the plan but the township supports it.
- Updated Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital