EASTON, Pa. - A road rage incident that began in New Jersey and crossed into Pennsylvania ended with a Hunterdon County man assaulting an Easton man, according to state police.
Police said the incident began around 3:30 p.m. Saturday with a traffic altercation that began in Phillipsburg and escalated into Pennsylvania on the Easton side of the the Free Bridge.
A heated argument between two men ended with Alexander Patullo, 42, of Hampton, ramming his car into the other man's car, according to police. The 29-year-old Easton man, who was standing outside his car next to an open door, suffered a leg injury, police said. He was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Police said Patullo fled the scene of the crash into Phillipsburg. He was located later in the day and taken into custody.
Patullo was charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. He was arraigned Saturday night and sent to Northampton County Prison on $20,000 bail.
- Gov. Wolf signs Real ID law, expects new licenses in 2019
- Updated Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Updated Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Updated Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise
- PPL deploying smarter technology