BETHLEHEM TWP., Pa. - An Easton man was killed in an accident that backed up traffic on Route 22 for miles Friday morning.
The accident happened around 3:20 a.m. near Route 512 in Bethlehem Twp., Northampton Co., and closed part of Route 22 for hours.
Traffic was diverted off Route 22 East onto Center Street as rescue crews worked to clear the scene.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said Brett Kline was a passenger in a vehicle that hit an embankment.
Kline, 21, was ejected from the vehicle. He later died at St. Luke's Hospital in Fountain Hill, Lehigh Co., according to the coroner.
Officials could provide no information about the condition of the driver.
- Updated Police make arrest in deadly Palmer Twp. shooting
- Near-record warmth again today
- City of Reading receives FBI subpoena for documents
- Updated Life Lessons: End of life start ups
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Rt. 100 in Bally Borough
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Thursday's record-breaking warmth in Allentown