Police in Easton and Phillipsburg are coming together to enforce seat-belt use.
The Easton and Phillipsburg police departments will carry out "Border to Border" seat-belt enforcement beginning 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 22, as part of the statewide Click it or Ticket mobilization.
The mobilization aims to reduce seat belt fatalities by coordinating highly visible, evening seat-belt enforcement checkpoints and details at well-traveled state border sites.
PennDOT data for the Lehigh Valley shows that in 2013, 14 people not wearing seat-belts were killed in crashes.
- LIVE Trump attends G-7 summit: What to watch
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Passing showers but more seasonable today
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC