EASTON, Pa. - A 44-year-old homeless man is behind bars after attempting to rob a woman and then trying to bite Easton cops as they were taking him into custody, according to police.
Officers were called out to the unit block of North 4th Street around 11:35 p.m. Saturday for a report of an attempted robbery.
David D. Owens had grabbed a female by the hand and shirt and attempted to take her cell phone, according to police. As she pulled her phone away from Owens, he then grabbed another female around the neck, police said.
Owens then ran off, but police found him a short time later. As Owens was being taken into custody, he attempted to bite and kick officers, according to police.
Owens is charged with attempted robbery, terroristic threats, simple assault, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He was sent to Northampton County Prison on $150,000 bail.
- Updated Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Updated President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Updated Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges