EASTON, Pa. - Easton Police are hunting for a killer Saturday night after a man was shot dead on a city street in the West Ward.
Officials say they are looking for Naheem Adams. He has been charged with the shooting death of 28-year-old George Jeter. Adams is still on loose and is considered armed and dangerous.
This is Easton's third homicide for the year and investigators have been working all day to find Adams.
This was scene Friday night near 14th and Butler streets in Easton. Police were called to the area around 9 p.m. for reports of shots fired. Once they arrived they found a man shot to death lying on the ground in a breezeway between houses.
"There was a male individual who died as result of gunshot wounds," said Northampton County Coroner Zach Lysek. "The manner of death in this case was ruled a homicide."
For hours police combed through the scene, looking for evidence and doing interviews. Now they want your help to find the gunman.
Adams is described as a tall approximately 6 foot to 6 foot 2 black male, light-skinned complexion, possibly with corn rows or braids.
He says the shooter was wearing navy blue or black clothing.
"May have fled down Elm Street, possibly left on Elm Street."
Investigators believe the trigger man may have hid from police in garages and alleyways in the 1300 block of Elm Street.
If anyone saw anything suspicious in the area from 9-11 p.m. Friday, you can call Easton detectives at 610-250-6634.
For the very first time, ArtsQuest organizers are teaming up with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix in Allentown for a fundraising event that's sure to get engines running.Read More »
- Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Season ends for Lehigh men's lacrosse in Patriot League quarterfinals
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Updated Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request