EASTON, Pa. - Easton police are searching for a convicted felon wanted on felony drug charges.
Authorities charged Tchella Bellamy in August with three counts each of possession with intent to deliver and criminal use of a communication device. The Easton Police Department's vice unit said he is wanted for allegedly selling heroin in the Easton area.
Authorities said Bellamy should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him should call 911.
Anyone with information about Bellamy's whereabouts can also call the police tip line at 610-250-6635.
Authorities had charged Bellamy with three counts of attempted homicide in connection to a July 2014 shooting in Wilson Borough. A Northampton County judge last year declared a mistrial in the case after a jury failed to reach a verdict.
The now 21-year-old pleaded guilty to a single felony count of aggravated assault in connection to the incident. He was sentenced to 12 to 24 months in Northampton County Prison and was released shortly after pleading guilty having been given credit for time served.
Easton police also charged Bellamy in September with single misdemeanor counts of simple assault and reckless endangerment. He was released shortly after his preliminary hearing after posting $15,000.He's tentatively scheduled for a preliminary hearing in that case on Nov. 8.
Police were called to Easton Hospital in Wilson Borough to investigate an assault report. The victim told investigators that Bellamy, the father of her child, had assaulted her at a home in the 900 block of Washington Street in the city.
She alleged that he pushed her through a glass window and down a set of concrete stairs.
It was a packed house at Most Blessed Trinity Parish in Tremont, as parishioners gathered to welcome Rev. Alfred Schlert, Bishop of Allentown.Read More »
- New athletic field unveiled at Cedar Crest College
- Cedar Crest College celebrates 150-year anniversary
- DA: Family argument ends in deadly shooting in Northampton County
- Lehigh Valley Zoo hosts annual Halloween celebration
- David Jaindl holds open house on concept plans for Mary Immaculate Center
- Northampton County DA seeks signatures needed to run for Congress
- Ivanka Trump to discuss tax plan at town hall in Bucks
- Updated 3-alarm fire damages family-owned food wholesaler in Bern
- Updated More arrested, sought after multi-million dollar drug bust
- New bishop of Allentown Diocese visits Tremont church
- Life Lessons: Extreme couponing
- AG Sessions to speak in Philadelphia
- Driver ejected after car rolls 100 feet off highway
- Motorcyclist killed in crash in Worcester Township
- Boyertown Area Senior HS gets multi-million dollar makeover
- Updated DA: Family argument ends in deadly shooting in Northampton County