EASTON, Pa. - Before construction crews can get started on a Northampton County bus terminal archeologists will have to give the "all clear"!
Officials are planning to build an intermodal facility on South 3rd Street in Easton.
But before they can get started, the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Coalition will have to give the project archaeological clearance.
Officials say because of the site's close proximity to the Lehigh and Delaware Rivers there might be Native American artifacts buried beneath the earth.
There's no word on when the field work will get underway.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic