ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The northbound lanes of the Eighth Street Bridge will be closed Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
PennDOT officials say that cement trucks will be making delivers there to repair the bridge, so northbound traffic will be detoured on St. John Street, South Sixth Street, West Wyoming Street, South Fifth Street, Auburn Street, Lehigh Street, Union Street, South Sixth Street and Linden Street.
The southbound lanes of the bridge have been closed since the project to rehabilitate the bridge began in May.
Pedestrian traffic and emergency vehicles will be accommodated.
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery