EASTON, Pa. - A Northampton County woman accused of murdering the father of her four children now wants to plead guilty, Northampton County First Assistant District Attorney Terry Houck said Friday.
Elizabeth Collazo is charged with shooting and killing Mark Werkheiser inside his home in Williams Township last March.
On Friday, during a conference on pretrial motions, Collazo's attorney indicated she would plead guilty to first degree murder in exchange for a life sentence in prison. A judge previously ruled Collazo would face the death penalty.
A guilty plea hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. on Mon., Dec. 31 before Judge Smith at the Northampton County Courthouse.
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society