PLAINFIELD TWP., Pa. - A former guest at a Slate Belt motel is facing charges after the managers accused her of trashing her room upon her eviction.
Slate Belt Regional police charged Samantha L. Thomas, who is currently homeless, with single misdemeanor counts of criminal mischief and theft. District Judge Douglas Schlegel arraigned the 26-year-old early Tuesday morning, setting bail at $1,000.
Police were dispatched to the Travel Inn at 499 E. Moorestown Road in Plainfield Township on Nov. 11 to investigate a report about a damaged done to a room by a former tenant. The managers told police that the tenant, Thomas, was evicted from the room the night before. She had moved in on May 25.
Along with punching holes in the walls, the managers allege Thomas damaged the bed box spring and frame, two refrigerators, a flat screen TV, the floor, a night stand and an entertainment center. The damage totaled about $1,923.
The managers said Thomas also borrowed six movies from them worth about $120, but never returned them.
Thomas failed to post bail and was sent to Northampton County Prison to await a preliminary hearing scheduled for Dec. 18.
- Investigation of dismissal of Easton wrestling coach questioned
- Bethlehem considers lessening penalties for pot possession
- Tides shutout IronPigs
- Effort to beautify Wilson Borough planned for Saturday
- Southern Lehigh, Emmaus lacrosse cancer fundraiser this weekend
- "The Handmaid's Tale" author speaks at NCC
- Updated Search continues in Berks for Southwest jet's missing pieces
- Jury could soon hear Bill Cosby's testimony about quaaludes
- Updated Berks woman on recent flight: 'It... could have been us'
- Updated 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Berks coroner seeks next of kin of Union Township man
- Liquidation firms win bid to take over Bon-Ton's assets
- Life Lessons: Ad stalkers be gone
- Berks County company purchasing 6 casinos
- Updated Southwest flight victim was bank executive, mom of 2
- State legislator has fond memories of Barbara Bush