BANGOR, Pa. - A lawsuit has been filed over a deadly drunk driving crash involving a former cop.
The lawsuit was filed on behalf Keith Michaelson and Michael Zadoyko.
They were killed when their motorcycles were hit by a truck driven by John Heaney, III on Route 512 in Bangor last July, police said.
The lawsuit is seeking monetary damages against Heaney and three bars in Nazareth and Stroudsburg.
The lawsuit alleges that Heaney drank too much and was over served.
Heaney is a former cop from Lopatcong Township, New Jersey.
He also faces a trial on homicide by vehicle charges in connection with the crash.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death