UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - A fatal accident occurred about 4:55 p.m. Monday on Route 22 west of Allentown.
It happened on eastbound Route 22 in Upper Macungie Township, just east of the point where that highway splits from Interstate 78 in Lehigh County.
Wayne Leibensperger Jr., 21, of Salisbury Township, was killed in the accident.
Leibensperger was a passenger in the pickup truck that collided with a tractor trailer.
An autopsy will be performed Tuesday.
The Lehigh County coroner's office and the Pennsylvania State Police are investigating.
Eastbound lanes of Route 22 were closed because of the accident.
The Colonial West leading Southern Lehigh baseball team completed a rally Friday night at Limeport Stadium, downing Palisades 7-6 on a walk-off suicide squeeze by Timmy Walter in the bottom of the 7th.Read More »
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- IronPigs series opener at Toledo postponed
- Synchronoss stocks dip and dive after executive shakeup
- Updated Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Updated Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Updated Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Updated Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Updated Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU