LOWER MOUNT BETHEL TWP., Pa. - A man struck by a vehicle on SR611 S. Delaware Drive Thursday suffered fatal injuries.
Etienne Longa, 55, from Lodi Borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, was pronounced dead at Easton Hospital. The cause of death was multiple blunt force trauma and his death was ruled accidental, according to the Northampton County Coroner.
The crash took place around 10:15 p.m. in the 4800 block of SR611 in Lower Mount Bethel Township, according to the Pennsylvania State Police report.
Officials say a driver in a tan-colored Ford Escape was traveling northbound on SR611 S. Delaware Drive, when the driver attempted to pass a parked truck tractor, which was partially blocking the northbound lane.
As the driver passed the truck tractor, the vehicle struck Longa who was attempting to cross the roadway. He was outside of the vehicle on S. Delaware Drive in the northbound lane alongside the cab of the truck tractor when the vehicle struck him, according to the police report.
- Violent car crash occurs near Sands Casino in Bethlehem
- Firefighters quickly douse Easton church fire
- Updated Another mild day Sunday with clouds increasing later in the day
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Congressman Patrick Meehan denies allegation in misconduct claim
- Afghan hotel attack ends, Taliban claim
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel