The FBI is renewing a push to close the book on one of its coldest cases.
It was 35 years ago, on December 4, 1980, when a Pennsylvania police chief was murdered
The prime suspect, Donald Eugene Webb, has been on the run ever since, and now the feds say that man was a frequent visitor to the Lehigh Valley and surrounding area.
Webb is wanted dead or alive by the FBI for the murder of Saxonburg, Butler County, police Chief Gregory Adams during a traffic stop.
Adams was beaten and shot to death. At the time, Webb was on the run following a burglary in Albany, New York.
Investigators said they believe that after the murder, Webb drove back to Massachusetts, with stops in the Lehigh Valley, including Allentown and Easton, but the 50-year career criminal didn't use his name. It's believed he used one of nine aliases -- Stanley Portas -- at several motels.
The FBI has been looking for Webb over the last 35 years and is offering a reward of upo to $100,000 to anyone with information leading to him.
Webb had the distinction of being on the FBI's most wanted list the longest of any fugitive before he was removed in 2007.
If you have any information about the case, call the FBI at 800-225-5324.
The money raised goes to the Battle of the Badges Scholarship Fund which helps children of police officers or firefighters go to college.Read More »
- Reading ceremony commemorates USS Maine sinking
- Northampton, Monroe County high schools hold Dance-A-Thons
- Bethlehem Public Library holds Punk Rock Flea Market to raise money
- Hundreds take part in Lehigh Valley Polar Plunge
- Dorney Park holds job fair for 2018 season
- Multiple-rollover crash shuts down I-78 West in Berks County
- A few showers later today but another spring-like surge awaits
- Man killed in crash on Route 422 in Reading
- Allentown defeats Reading in 13th annual Battle of the Badges hockey game
- Updated Life Lessons: Make the First Five Count
- A message from WFMZ's Eve Russo
- Fire breaks out at Wyomissing apartment building
- Pa. Supreme Court to unveil new congressional map
- Man charged with aggravated assault in Red Hill incident
- Woman killed, husband injured in Hamburg domestic incident
- Allentown bests Reading 3-2 in Battle of the Badges hockey game