Authorities are stepping up their investigation into a serial bank robber who police say has hit at least four locations in the Lehigh Valley over the last several months.
The FBI is now involved after the bandit struck at the Bank of America in Hellertown on Thursday.
A task force involving the FBI, state and local police has been formed in hopes of finally tracking down the bank robber who, so far, has eluded authorities.
Residents in Hellertown are just as eager to get this man off the streets.
"I hope they get him. And I hope they give him the works," said Robert Snyder.
"It's pretty scary to even try to walk a street knowing he's walking free. It's not safe in Hellertown with such robbers like that walking around," said Sherrie Leedon.
Police and federal agents believe he's behind four bank robberies the Lehigh Valley.
The most recent came on Thursday, at the Bank of America on Main Street in Hellertown.
Police believe the same man robbed the Bank of America on Main Street in Fogelsville last November; First Niagara Bank on Route 100 in Fogelsville in December; and Wells Fargo on Tilghman Street in Allentown in late January.
Police say he gives a teller a note saying he has a weapon and demanding cash. They say he's never pulled a weapon out.
Police haven't said how much cash he has stolen.
The suspect was last seen in a silver or grey pickup truck.
Anyone with information should call police.
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society