Lehigh Valley

Fire breaks out in mobile home with homeowner asleep inside

East Allen Township Fire

EAST ALLEN TWP., Pa. - Fire broke out Thursday night in a Northampton County mobile home with the homeowner asleep inside.

The man's smoke detector woke him up and he safely exited his burning home.

It broke out at around 7 p.m. in the 8200 block of Airport Road in the Allen Trailer Park in East Allen Township.

The fire was fully involved by the time crews arrived at the scene.

Firefighters are still trying to figure out what sparked the fire, though they do know that it started in the rear bedroom.

According to the East Allen Township Fire Chief, the home is uninhabitable.

He says the smoke detector saved the homeowner's life.

Due to our site relaunch on October 25, previous comments on existing stories are no longer available.  This change is due to the limitations of Facebook's software 

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.


There is 1 area under advisories, watches or warnings.   DETAILS >>>

Allentown, PA 18102





  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom