EAST ALLEN TWP., Pa. - Fire broke out Thursday night in a Northampton County mobile home with the homeowner asleep inside.
The man's smoke detector woke him up and he safely exited his burning home.
It broke out at around 7 p.m. in the 8200 block of Airport Road in the Allen Trailer Park in East Allen Township.
The fire was fully involved by the time crews arrived at the scene.
Firefighters are still trying to figure out what sparked the fire, though they do know that it started in the rear bedroom.
According to the East Allen Township Fire Chief, the home is uninhabitable.
He says the smoke detector saved the homeowner's life.
Allentown, PA 18102