Lehigh Valley

Cigarette causes small fire at City View Diner in Whitehall

No injuries or damage reported

WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Fire crews were called to a restaurant in Lehigh County Tuesday morning. 

Fire officials say there was a small fire right outside the City View Diner at Grape Street and MacArthur Road in Whitehall Township around 5:30 a.m.

Officials say a one-foot by one-foot piece of plywood ignited after a discarded cigarette butt hit it. The plywood was next to steps outside the building.

Firefighters say a little bit of smoke entered the building but there was no damage reported inside.

The diner was evacuated but diners were allowed back inside soon after.

Crews say the fire was out within five minutes of firefighters arriving.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

This Week's Circulars

STORMCENTER UPDATE

WEATHER ALERT

Lehigh Valley News

Latest From The Newsroom