WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Fire crews were called to a restaurant in Lehigh County Tuesday morning.
Fire officials say there was a small fire right outside the City View Diner at Grape Street and MacArthur Road in Whitehall Township around 5:30 a.m.
Officials say a one-foot by one-foot piece of plywood ignited after a discarded cigarette butt hit it. The plywood was next to steps outside the building.
Firefighters say a little bit of smoke entered the building but there was no damage reported inside.
The diner was evacuated but diners were allowed back inside soon after.
Crews say the fire was out within five minutes of firefighters arriving.
- 17 protesters arrested at Berks County ICE facility
- Crews fight fire in Lehigh County after lightning strikes house
- Crews battle 3-alarm fire in former church in Tamaqua
- Winners declared in Palmerton Spartan race weekend
- Man shot in Allentown; police search for gunman
- Schuylkill County ATV crash sends person to hospital
- Home heavily damaged after fire in Lehigh Township
- Swimmer beware: Pennsylvania drownings highlight river risks
- Reading Public Library hosts Comic Con
- Berks Books Bonanza goes on at new location