ALLENTOWN, Pa - Authorities are investigating a fire at a strip club in Lehigh County early Wednesday.
The fire broke out sometime before 2:40 a.m. at Scoobies Gentleman's Club in the 2300 block of Hanover Avenue, on the border between Allentown and Bethlehem border, officials said.
Someone walking by the club noticed smoke coming from a window and called 911, a firefighter said.
Once crews arrived, they were able to get the fire under control relatively quickly, but they said there's damage to the first floor and extensive smoke damage throughout the building. Damage is estimated at $30,000.
It appears the fire started in the bar area on the first floor, officials said.
No one was inside, and no one was injured, firefighters said.
Scoobies Gentleman's Club has been in the news recently. Tyree Wimberly was shot to death outside the club on Jan. 26, police said. Neighbors then began circulating a petition in February, trying to get the club labeled as a nuisance.
An anti-violence rally, organized by Wimberly's family and friends, is scheduled to be held outside the club Wednesday night. Wednesday would have been Wimberly's 22nd birthday.
Police are still searching for the man they believe pulled the trigger, identified as Ulysses "Slime" Rodriguez, 20. The U.S. District Court in Allentown issued a federal arrest warrant for him on Tuesday.
An Easton man has been charged in connection with a deadly shooting in Palmer Township Thursday night.Read More »
- Police nab pair advertising pot sales online
- Allentown police confiscate crack, heroin, pot in separate raids
- Police allege man drives stolen motorcycle on Allentown sidewalk
- Wrestler's dad allowed to attend matches at rival school in area adjacent from gym
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Near record warmth again today
- Updated Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Updated Temps at or near all-time February records
- Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode