Lehigh Valley

Fire displaces family in Lehigh County

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - One family was displaced after a fire damaged an apartment building in Allentown.

The fire broke out just before 9:00 Wednesday night in the 100 block of Silk Street. The building contains two apartments.

Fire Captain John Christopher says the fire started in the front bedroom of the upstairs apartment. He says the fire was sparked by an electrical problem, and it has been ruled an accident.

No one was hurt, but the fire caused smoke damage to the apartment, and one family was displaced.

The Red Cross is helping the victims, but Capt. Christopher says he thinks they'll be allowed back in their home shortly.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

STORMCENTER UPDATE

Allentown, PA 18102

47°F

Scattered Clouds

TONIGHT

29°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom