ALLENTOWN, Pa. - One family was displaced after a fire damaged an apartment building in Allentown.
The fire broke out just before 9:00 Wednesday night in the 100 block of Silk Street. The building contains two apartments.
Fire Captain John Christopher says the fire started in the front bedroom of the upstairs apartment. He says the fire was sparked by an electrical problem, and it has been ruled an accident.
No one was hurt, but the fire caused smoke damage to the apartment, and one family was displaced.
The Red Cross is helping the victims, but Capt. Christopher says he thinks they'll be allowed back in their home shortly.
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery