NAZARETH, Pa. - A fire that gutted Mario Andretti's former home was sparked by a lawnmower, a state police fire marshal said.
The flames broke out on Victory Lane in Nazareth, Northampton Co., Thursday night.
The fire was started by a hot lawnmower that was parked near combustible materials in the garage, officials said.
The flames spread to the second floor of the home and were stoked by strong winds.
No one was home at the time.
Andretti built the house in 1967 and sold it in 1999. The fire marshal said it's a total loss.
- New entertainment complex planned for Allentown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Doctor accused of bribing Menendez guilty of Medicare fraud
- Updated Police allege Easton man attacks ex in drunken rage
- Berks businesses honored as 'People's Choice' leaders
- New report shows percent drop in overall crime in New Jersey
- Updated Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- Updated Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Warm again today with some sunshine