Lehigh Valley

Fire that gutted former Andretti home sparked by lawnmower

Fire that gutted former Andretti home sparked by lawnmower

NAZARETH, Pa. - A fire that gutted Mario Andretti's former home was sparked by a lawnmower, a state police fire marshal said.

The flames broke out on Victory Lane in Nazareth, Northampton Co., Thursday night.

The fire was started by a hot lawnmower that was parked near combustible materials in the garage, officials said.

The flames spread to the second floor of the home and were stoked by strong winds.

No one was home at the time.

Andretti built the house in 1967 and sold it in 1999. The fire marshal said it's a total loss.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102

41°F

Clear

TONIGHT

26°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom