FORKS TWP., Pa. - At least four people were injured in a two-alarm fire Tuesday afternoon at Mineral Springs Bar and Grill along Route 611 in Forks Township, Northampton County.
Emergency officials first responded to a 1:15 p.m. complaint of domestic disturbance at that establishment, located at 4306 North Delaware Drive (Route 611).
An ambulance was requested when the domestic disturbance call was received at the comm center.
Officials are treating the building as a crime scene.
Two police officers were treated for smoke inhalation and two other people had unknown injuries.
Rooms were rented in upper floors of the building, which still was burning fiercely at 3:35 p.m. Police officers were kicking in doors and carrying people out of apartments, according to a Channel 69 News crew on the scene.
Heavy smoke engulfed the building and flames were shooting from the upper floors and roof. Firefighters from as far away as Lehigh County were called to assist.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe