FOGELSVILLE, Pa. - A grocery store in the Lehigh Valley is receiving recognition for its efforts to save energy and help the environment.
The Fogelsville Weis is the company's first to receive a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certification.
Weis says the building addresses sustainability issues ranging from recycling and water conservation to light pollution and building materials used in construction.
Spillman Farmer Architects of Bethlehem will present the store with a plaque commemorating the certification on Thursday.
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Updated Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business