EASTON, Pa. - A Forks Township man is facing sex assault charges for an alleged assault in Hay's Cemetery in Easton in July.
Easton police charged Joshua L. Carrick, of the 900 block of Zucksville Road, with statutory sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault and corruption of minors. Court records indicate that the victim was younger than 16 years old and that Carrick was at least 11 years older that the victim.
District Judge Jacqueline Taschner arraigned the 28-year-old Thursday afternoon, setting bail at $100,000.
Court records indicate the crime occurred on July 28. Police arrested Carrick about 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the National Auto Store at 1832 Butler St. in Wilson.
He failed to post bail and was sent to Northampton County Prison to await a preliminary hearing tentatively scheduled for Oct. 20.
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner