BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A former employee of ArtsQuest in Bethlehem says she was unjustly fired after she blew the whistle on, what she calls, fraudulent business practices.
Rebecca Stoneback filed two federal lawsuits Monday against her former employer.
The New Jersey woman says that $70 beer steins sold at MusikFest aren't handcrafted in Germany as advertised, but are actually made in China for a fraction of the cost.
In the suits, Stoneback claims she was let go from her long time job after she brought her concern to her employer and refused to sell the beer steins and mugs.
The suits allege that ArtsQuest conspired to comitt fraud by saying the products were made in the Getz Factory in Germany. Stoneback's suit says hundreds of the products have been sold- both in store and online.
An ArtsQuest spokesman declined comment, citing the pending litigation.
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Updated Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump