A former Flyer is sharing his love of the sport with youngsters.
Bob "The Hound" Kelly took to the floor to teach local cub scouts some hockey basics.
Kelly led handling, passing and shooting drills for about 180 kids.
Monday's clinic was part of the Minsi Trails Council's "Hooked on Hockey" event.
Kelly says it's good to get kids involved in the sport.
"The whole thing is just to expose kids to the game of hockey, so we'll put a stick in their hand, run them through some drills, and have some fun with them out there. That's what it's all about, just getting the kids pick up a stick have some fun, follow sports," he said.
Kelly is the Flyers' hockey ambassador.
He gives motivational talks and runs clinics for kids of all ages.
- Lehigh Valley's wild Carpenter Cup ride ends on final day
- Andrew Pullin promoted to Lehigh Valley
- Police: Robbery suspect says 'sorry' before sticking up 7-Eleven
- Prosecutors to seek death penalty in fatal Palmer Twp. shooting
- DA orders grand jury investigation of fatal police shooting
- Northampton DA to hold news conference on fatal police shooting
- Updated DA orders grand jury investigation of fatal police shooting
- Fire destroys building, several vehicles in Berks
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- Updated Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- Updated New Jersey lawmakers try again to raise smoking age to 21
- Bloomsbury man guilty in sex assault case involving child
- Updated Health Beat: New treatment for CMS
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Reading School District
- Catty man allegedly exposes himself to teen, asks is she 'open minded'
- Privatizing Berks jail an option 'too tempting to ignore'