ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A former Lehigh Valley football star is hoping to strike a plea deal to avoid a trial on drug charges, according to his attorney.
A status conference was held Wednesday for 28-year-old Austin Scott.
The former Parkland High School football standout was arrested last year and charged with dealing marijuana in Lehigh County.
Court documents said the 28-year-old Scott, of 2118 W. Allen Street, Allentown, sold marijuana to undercover officers four separate times in July, September and October of 2013 at various locations in South Whitehall Twp. and Allentown.
There was a discussion of a possible plea deal at Wednesday's meeting.
Officials are waiting to hear the exact amount of marijuana confiscated from Scott because it may qualify as a small amount under Pennsylvania state law.
Scott was kicked off Penn State's team in 2007 after being charged with rape. That charge was eventually dropped.
He's free on $10,000 bail.
Another court hearing is scheduled for next month.
An event with plenty of heart raised money for the American Heart Association Saturday night.Read More »
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities