ORELAND, Pa. - A former Philadelphia sportscaster has been ordered to pay up in a legal battle involving a couple from Allentown.
Montgomery County Judge Katherine McGill ordered Don Tollefson on Thursday to pay more than $3,500.
The couple, James C. Krasley and Donna Stroup, claimed Tollefson sold them a 2013 Super Bowl package but never provided the airfare.
"When we got to the airport, there was no tickets there for us," said Krasley.
Krasley said he had to pay for two more tickets. His hotel reservations were also messed up and it was game-time.
"We were supposed to be on the 40-yard line, and we end up being behind the goal post," said Krasley.
During the roller coaster ride, Krasley said Tollefson kept saying he would reimburse the money spent on airfare, car rental and other charges.
"We never saw a dime," said Krasely.
This week, Krasley won the judgement of more than $3,500.
Tollefson didn't go to the hearing because he's in a treatment center.
"It's a combination of substance abuse and mental health issues," said attorney Michael McGovern, who released a statement from Tollefson's saying, "After completing my course of treatment, I will fully address all of the above issues. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience and anxiety caused by these circumstances."
The Bucks County district attorney's office said it has located more than 100 people with stories similar to Krasley's and thinks more are still out there.
"Criminal charges are forthcoming in this case. I think it's not a question of if at this stage. It's a question more of when," said Deputy District Attorney Ryan Hyde, adding that charges should be filed within the next 90 days.
An Easton man has been charged in connection with a deadly shooting in Palmer Township Thursday night.Read More »
- Police nab pair advertising pot sales online
- Allentown police confiscate crack, heroin, pot in separate raids
- Police allege man drives stolen motorcycle on Allentown sidewalk
- Wrestler's dad allowed to attend matches at rival school in area adjacent from gym
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Near record warmth again today
- Updated Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Updated Temps at or near all-time February records
- Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode