Local Democrats have put their support behind a candidate to replace a troubled state lawmaker on the ballot in November.
Lehigh County Democratic Chair Rick Daugherty says former Whitehall Township official Daniel McNeill has received the most votes Sunday to take Joe Brennan's spot.
The vote will now be sent to a state committee.
Brennan was officially removed from the Democratic race for the 133rd district seat last week.
He has been charged with assaulting his wife and driving under the influence.
Whoever is chosen will face Republican candidate Dave Molony.
- Updated President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business